Wednesday, December 16, 2009

ABD

Today, I had my dissertation proposal defense.

Which basically just means I had a (somewhat intense) conversation with my committee members (three historians, of science, environment, and public health) about my 20-page proposal that I sent to them a week ago.

And it went well! I passed! I got lots of feedback about questions that still need answering and problems that still need addresssing, so the work is only beginning, but it feels wonderful to have jumped through this penultimate hoop. And one of my committee members even said, "I think this is a great project. I love it! I can't wait to read the book." So that's good news.

So, now I'm ABD (All But Dissertation). And I'm a dissertator. All these new titles to make my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment